Pages

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Our mid July reveal ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal.   We are working with this wonderful painting by Shirley Charlton (aka Shirlroma) called "Umbrellas, wet street".  
CRITERIA is to use water (liquid) in some way on your page (ink spray, gelatos, paper crumple, watered down paint, make handmade flowers etc).  Just tell us how water was applied.


TONE-LILL
 It has been a rather miserable spring and early summer here in Norway this year, with lots if rain and low temperature, so this month's challenge picture was perfect for me ;)

I have made a box card with "a rainy day" stamp. I made my own pattern paper using stamps and stencils with  Distress ink and stain,  Dylusion spray ink, Glimmer Mist,  acrylic paint and water with a spray mist. Every layer was dried well before adding the next one.

Now it is your turn to have some fun with wet medias. Can't wait to see what you want to share with us :)


LESLEY
This month I was inspired by the dark & vibrant colours used, especially the purple. I have a word template that I have been looking forward to using so thought this would be the layout to do it. I have used Distress Stain, which added to the 'runny, wet' look of the layout. Due to all the words I kept the rest of the layout simple as I felt that the words say it all.

DI

From the inspiration artwork this month, I used the colours of the background,(mine are more muted),  the  umbrellas, and the pops of colour from them and the people.  I also loved the textural effect and started my background with a flagstone-like stencil.  My 'wet' effects were produced using gesso sprayed with various ink mists, water and modelling pastes. I also used Glossy Accents on parts of the umbrellas and the title. As can be seen in the photo, taken in Hobart, rain is starting to fall on the nearby Mt Wellington, before sweeping into the city...... and no, we didn't have umbrellas, but made a dash for cover!

STINA
I love this month´s painting so I was inspired both by the colors and the water element. Besides the gesso and modeling paste I have painted my background with mists and Twinklings H2O.


JANE
 Vivid Sydney is a unique annual event of light, music and ideas, featuring an outdoor 'gallery' of extraordinary lighting sculptures and spectacular illumination of  many of Sydney's iconic buildings.  This year much of the event experienced inclement weather and the image of bustling crowds and colour enhancing reflections on watery streets in the painting very much reminded me of similar scenes in the Sydney CBD.

Now it is your turn, we'd love to see what you can do ...

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create a new entry for our challenge and you are most welcome to combine with a maximum of two additional challenges.  We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize purely chosen by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

Please pop back on the 22nd when we introduce you to our July guest designer from across the ditch, Sue Smith.




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mid month reveal girls
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a fab challenge and awesome inspirations. The art work that was picked is gorgeous too! Karen

    ReplyDelete