Pages

Saturday 22 November 2014

We welcome our November Guest Designer ...

.... Karen Brierley with her delightful take on our inspirational artwork this month, Tra-la-la by Antje Collis.


Criteria is Doodling

and remember "doodling" can be as simple as a hand drawn border !




My tip for reluctant doodlers:  Use a patterned paper base as a kind of template, and just embellish it with a pen or brush.  I chose a paper from a very old Scenic Route collection.  The original pattern was a simple array of different sized circles.  Every little bit of black that you can see is my pen work.  I had lots of fun with lines and dots and other simple doodles. I also fussy cut some leftover circles from the same paper, and doodled each one to make my title.



Hello!  My name is Karen Brierley, and I live in a beautiful semi-rural area of southeast Queensland with my husband, young teen daughter, and an assortment of chooks and ducks.  I work full time (rotational shiftwork) in the public sector.  Scrapbooking is my "happy place" - I love capturing memories of our family trips, our home life, and special milestones.   I have yet to discover what my 'signature style' is; I just scrap what feels right at the time.  When I'm not scrapping you will find me sewing or gardening or hiking or volunteering as a rural firefighter.  I also love to hang out at quirky cafes and secondhand bookstores.


I blog about my scrapbooking creations at beingkaren.blogspot.com ~ please visit if you have a spare moment.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to guest design at ARTastic this month.



Two of my favourite layouts from 2014:


SWaK - first time I used paint splatters on a layout (using a pipette) - I had heaps of fun with this one!

* Woolgoolga - one of my favourite photographs from summer vacation last year - I played with gesso and embossing powders on this layout.


Thank you so much for guesting with us on ARTastic this month Karen. Your work is just wonderful.

Remember ....


You still have time until the end of the month to upload your own take on this challenge.  We'd love to see what you can do with our inspiration this month.

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful pages! LOVED the doodling...& the red LO with those cute hearts on the side.....almost stole my heart, LOL:):) Congrats on the GDT Karen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Karen. Your take on this month's challenge is fabulous. I love what you have done with that background paper.......very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome as GDT Karen . Great take on the challenge and very clever use of your Pattern Background. Love your other two layouts as well
    Mary

    ReplyDelete