Pages

Saturday 15 November 2014

October winners and more November inspiration ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal and the announcement of our October winners. Some gorgeous pages amongst our entries last month - thank you everyone for playing along with us.

We'd also like to thank our sponsors this month - Time to Create and Flourish with a bling

Time To Create is a family business. We share a passion to create, share and develop the best that we imagine!  We only stock products that we use and believe in. Our stock is always priced at the keenest costing we can do. We support Australian manufacturers and many Australian suppliers and try to have as wide a variety as possible.


And our winners are ....

Chris Sexton who has won a prize pack from Time to Create.
 

Evelyn who has won a lovely prize from Flourish with a bling.

and our random draw prize (courtesy of DT member Wendy O'Keefe) goes to  Regina Chandler.

Congratulations ladies.

Could the winners please contact me at jjjustjane@bigpond.com with their postal details.  Don't forget to grab our winners badge from the sidebar. 

Our Creative Team favourite this month is Wendy O'Keefe who will receive a little something from me.



And now some gorgeous inspiration from our remaining design team using this sweet little artwork by Antje Collis called Tra-la-la.

Criteria is Doodling

and remember "doodling" can be as simple as a hand drawn border !



As it is getting nearer to summer "down under" I chose to make a colourful and summery page inspired by the doodling from the inspiration picture. I doodled my own background and used patterned paper with doodles and left the page clean and simple. 

Want to have some fun with doodling? Come and join in  and show us your creative side :)

MARY

Originally when I saw the Challenge I was going to do a layout of my GD Dancing, then one day at work we were talking about free range hens and the word scrap bucket was mentioned. Childhood memories came flooding back ! We always had chooks and we had a Scrapbucket. As luck would have it my son had taken photo's of his Grandma pottering around doing her chores including feeding the chooks. Not as pretty as a ballerina, but all of a sudden this memory became very important for me to document. I have doodled circles in a white gel pen and doodled around the edges of the layout as well.

JANE

I have combined the chickens with the doodling with this bright and happy page.

STINA
I love this colour combination so I had to have it on my card. My "doodling" comes and goes, but now it has been a while since I´ve used it so it was fun to be reminded of it. 

DI
With the inspiration from ARTastic this month, I have taken the doodling to the extreme, making sure I added elements of loops and dots/ spots as part of my design. I also added music notes (because the hens had to be dancing to music!). Most of my patterns have been done in black on white cardstock. However, I also added a wedge of black paper and used a white pen for the design and used pan pastels to colour some other sections. I've kept these to fairly soft colours: blue, lilac and pale green. The photo is of self, aged 21, taken at a night out with my husband.

LESLEY
The first thing that got my attention was the swirls and squiggles, it reminded me of some photos I took of my husband teaching my girls to fish. So that was the start of my layout! I found some lovely black and white doodled on paper and added some colour by doodling on it with distress ink and an H2O pen.

Now it is your turn ....


 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create a new entry for our challenge although you are most welcome to combine with a sketch and/or colour challenge if you wish.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.
  

Next week we will be introducing you to our delightful November guest designer, Karen Bierley.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to all the winning entries, it always hard to choose from so many lovely layouts. Great take on the Challenge DT, all so different
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous winning entries....good on you girls....LOVELY work from the DT..seriously talented bunch, you lot are:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jippie!!!
    Thank you ladies for picking my work to win! I´m very happy about!
    Great DT work again, love them all!

    ReplyDelete