Pages

Saturday 1 November 2014

And then it was November...

and we are a whole heap closer to Christmas!

This month we are being inspired by this very cute, dare I say even quirky but truly delightful artwork by Antje Collis called Tra-la-la



Criteria is Doodling

and remember "doodling" can be as simple as a hand drawn border !



A little about Antje Collis ...

Antje Collis was born in Hamburg Germany. She migrated to Australia with her parents when she was a baby and grew up in rural Western Australia, spending her school years in Geraldton and Morawa.

Having been educated in Australia, it was not long before an easy alternative was found to her German name, (pronounced "Unchair") and Antje became known as Anne.
She is mainly a self taught artist and the development of her appealing and sometimes quirky style has come about as a result of taking what has appealed from various subjects without allowing other styles and techniques to inhibit her progress.

Antje aims to keep her style simple and uncluttered with her philosophy being that it is often more about what you don't include that makes a painting appealing. She has used her imagination and flair to develop a fresh and individual style that includes a variety of subjects and mediums. Antje works with many media including: watercolour, acrylic and other water based media. She often mixes these mediums in her paintings.

Her work is featured in selected art shows and galleries around Australia.


This month we have two main sponsors.

 Julie from Time to Create


and 

and Kylie from Shop and Crop


and of course every month we also offer a prize pack totally by random draw.

(this month donated by DT Di Hasthorpe) 


And now our delightful vintage photograph inspired layouts from our amazing team ....

ELAINE
For this page I used the colours from the chooks and doodled a border around my page and around the different elements on my page.


I’m not a ‘dooddler’ or particularly ‘artsy’ – so if I can manage this one, you can too! I took the yellow & red from the chooks legs, but then brightened them up with some stronger colours. My main inspiration came from the repeated images on the canvas, which I’ve done using the suns. I also tried to keep with the ‘whimsical’ look on my LO as well.


JULIE
Chooks don't do it for me but doodling certainly does.  I doodled with  a couple of different pens on this layout.  It almost went into the bin but a sleep and some problem solving and HERE it is.


DEB
I took my inspiration for this page from the chickens in their ballet shoes. I’ve doodled with paint on my background first then in pen around the border, the flowers on the photo mat, the chevrons and inside the negative of the alpha stickers.


HELENE

I doodled a circle around the photo to highlight it.


I was inspired by the cute chooks in Tra-la-la by Antje Collis. I don’t have chickens but I do have visiting ducks so I used them as the subject of my layout. I used doodled elements – cloud, birds and butterflies. I also used a doodle type heading and doodled my journaling around the edge of the page.

And now it is your turn ......


Please upload the DIRECT link to your actual entry with the link tool on the LEFT by 11.55pm on November 30th, 2014.  We'd love to see your new paper, digital, or off the page entries.  Please no back-dated submissions.  

 You may combine our challenge with a sketch and a product/technique challenge (so two additional challenges).  You MUST include our inspirational picture as well as provide a link back to ARTastic on your blog post and clearly state what our challenge is and how you were inspired by it.  

You may enter more than once in any month as long as each item is with a different creation.  International entries are very welcome however please be aware that some of our sponsors may not post overseas. 


Please pop back on the 8th for The ARTastic 3T's - Tips, Tricks and Techniques brought to you this month by our delightful team member,  Di Hasthorpe.  I am sure you will be inspired by what she has done.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous take on the challenge, and all so different
    Mary

    ReplyDelete