Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

Our guest DT member this month is......

Maggie R


Hi! My name is Margit Rasmussen, aka Maggie R. I’m a 47 years old stay at home mom to 3 cats☺ living in Norway together with my husband.
For as long as I can remember, I have loved to play with papers and colours.
Over the years I have also been playing a lot with textiles (patchwork) and yarn (knitting and crocheting).
In 2009 I joined an online course for the first time. It was "Willowing’s wonderful world of Whimsy”. This was good for me, who had never coloured outside the lines, and I learned that it’s OK to make a mess.
Later I have taken other online courses about art journaling and Coptic bookbinding.
A year ago I started cardmaking and then scrapbooking. I joined Soul Scrappers in September and found that challenges are a good thing for me. I often have to get out of my comfort zone (that's actually a good thing) and I feel that I learn a lot.
I like to use items I find around me in my scrapping, or make my own embellishments, such as crocheted flowers.
I love old buttons and lace, and are so lucky to have a mother who has plenty of that. Some of it is from my grandmother, too.
To get a lace or crocheted piece in a wanted colour, I paint it with markers, Glimmer Mist or ink and water.
It's a great honour for me to be ARTastic's guest designer for June, and I hope that many of you will join in and play with me.


 Here are some wonderful pages from Maggie...

 Angel

 I love Olives

Just a Dream

 My Red Commode

 Maggie we are so glad to have you as our Guest DT member for June at ARTastic. We hope you have a great time, and thanks for sharing your wonderful pages :)

Please make Maggie welcome and please visit her blog and add yourself as a follower :)




5 comments:

  1. Maggie, you work is exceptional! Thanks for joining us this month.
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie! Thanks for inspiring us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you here Maggie, with your gorgeous works of art - really inspiring stuff! Enjoy being here with us, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, hard to believe you have only been scrapping just over a year, wow, I love your style and how wonderful you are a stay at home mum to 3 gorgeous fur pets....I only wish our council would let me have another poodle, we are only allowed 2 here. Melxx Welcome aboard this month. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Maggie! I am soooo late with this and I apologize. I Love your LO's. Especially your "Dream" LO with the crocheted doily and pink fabric. Thank you for joining us;0)

    Hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete