Pages

Monday 2 May 2011

Next up, we have DT member........

Peggy Schenkels - Her One Incentive

 
The people in the picture are my grandmother and my youngest daughter Christina on the day she was born.  My grandmother died 3 weeks later. We weren't aware of it then, but my grandmother was tired by then, she missed my granddad who had died a year earlier and she was ready to go.  We later on realised the only reason she held on was to see Christina, this was her one incentive.
 
I'm not a lace person, I don't particularly like lace on a LO.  So I cut out the pretty parts of the lace, left them on my desk and used the leftovers, which I had painted with yellows and reds, as a backgrond behind the pic.  I painted some orange flowers and used an orange title, so the orange part's covered as well.
 
Thanks for another beautiful challenge Shazza, this was definitely a picture worth scrapping.
Hugs xxx Peggy

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story Peggy, & a simply beautiful page titled perfectly. Very, very moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a truly beautiful sentimental LO Peggy. Thanks for sharing that wonderful story with us. The look of adoration on your grandmother's face says it all really doesn't it! What a wonderful woman.

    :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a truly special layout and story Peggy... your handpainted flowers are stunning! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative with the lace and it looks great! What a wonderful tribute page to a special memory well worth saving.
    ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggy, lovely, lovely story and a beautiful LO and tribute to your grandmother. Your painted flowers are awesome!
    xxx-RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow how precious is this photo and I can imagine it was probably a little emotional to scrap, you did your grandmum proud, this is beautiful. Melx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, with a lovely and precious photo! Love all the distressing and your painted flowers :)

    ReplyDelete