Pages

Monday 7 March 2011

Here is a great entry from......

Karen Williams - My Little Circus

Hi Shazza
 
Here's my effort for Artastic this month
 
Do you ever buy  a bargain album kit for the album and not think 
about what else is in it or a paper pad because you like some of the
papers in it- I do- quite often this challenge has allowed me to use 
up one of those bits of paper that came in a pad I bought for some 
of the other papers and then thought OMG how am I going to use 
that !
 
The paper in question was some Anna Griffin Circus paper- 
the print was so huge I thought there was no where to add a photo 
let alone embellishments - but then this challenge came along and 
it fitted perfectly with the inspiration painting
 
I have all the requirements ( well I may have missed the horse 
but if you squint the performing dog could be a horse)
The picture shows Nancy and Arthur in fancy dress-
 Arthur is a pirate and Nancy a Dutch girl-
 the journalling is about our chaotic house and the photo illustrates it
 as it shows Nancy trying to cut her nose with some plastic scissors!
 
Hope its OK
  
Karen
 
 *************************
Hey Karen!
This is a fantastic take on the challenge! How perfect are your papers, 
Love the pics of Nancy and Arthur. I'm lovin your circus theme - 
Great work!! Cheers Shazza

10 comments:

  1. I really love your circus Karen, & fabulous use of your papers. Great hand cut photos & also lovely journaling...a fabulous page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great work...many work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! I left this paper in the bargain bin even thought I LOVE it precisely because if what you mentioned- FANTASTIC solution!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just fantastic, I love all the detail and the cut photos look gorgeous. This is so stunning. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome layout

    love your circus and the pp used.

    great work with the photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beyond adorable! Love all of your bright embellies and your cute picture! Love it!
    xxx-RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the way you have used this piece of patterned paper is fabulous! You have really have captured the feel of the painting in your layout... gorgeous work! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen - this is great! I too enjoy the feel of my circus at home and soo appreciate your take on the challenge. The papers are perfect, and so is your picture you cut -- so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning LO! You have captured the essence of this challenge perfectly with your fun and colourful entry!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect Paper! So nice to use stash stuff eh? It looks great, perfect!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete