Pages

Tuesday 4 May 2010

Her's a layout from a newbie on ARTastic :)

Chantal Vandenberg - Aussie Style


Hi Shazza,
Here is my 1st entry for ARTastic! I was inpsired by "The Kangaroo" by Garry Shead in more ways than one... firstly the Aussie theme, the colours - blue, green and brown feature predominantly like the painting, there's a photo of human contact with a kangaroo (just like the painting...lol) and also I used the painting rather like a sketch, but flipped (left is right, right is left). :D I have also answered the Diva Demand with the animal embellie... I have a vintage Australian stamp featuring the Hooded Dotterel and also a vintage 1960 Australian Half Penny featuring... you guessed it... the good ol' kangaroo! I so enjoyed doing this! Thanks Shazza!!! :D Cheers, Chantal.

Well done Chantal, you have put a lot of work into this piece, love how your work looks like a mixed media piece. Great idea to use it as a flipped sketch lol Lots of embellies to catch you eye. I never thought of using a penny, what a good idea :) Beautiful and colorful, I think it's turned out great!! - Shazza

10 comments:

  1. Another busy layout with lots to see. Well done CHantal

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it...so much to look at...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A terrific LO Chantal. Very Aussie indeed!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg this is awesome chantal, love it all

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree this is awesome, that old car is super awesome and love that gorgeous old stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous LO Chantal, love the layering of all those pp's!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots to look at... my eye keeps finding more treats. Wonderful LO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab looking LO I really like the colours and layering :) awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job... I love everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant LO Chantal ! Love the vintage stamp !!! It's great to have you here, and thanks for joining in the birthday celebrations !

    ReplyDelete