Pages

Tuesday 1 December 2009

Here is my submission for the month.....

Shazza Bishop - My Girl with the Pearl Earring

Ok Ladies... I followed the criteria with an earring on the page (lampshade pearl stuck to a Stampin UP! filigree brad). I used this portrait style photo of my DD Jenna, as she has a comtemplative look in her eye and I love the similarity to 'The Girl with the Pearl Earring'.
I used earthy tones for the flowers and a blue background taking the colors from the painting.
I cut a felt frame (my2angels) and used the flowers to fill up the space left on the corners. I love the painting and I love Vermeer as an Artist.

TFL
Shazza

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful touch with the earring! Very nice!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Shazza, you really captured the essence of the inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TERRIFIC!!! love how you incorporated the earring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful layout... love the filigree brad and pearl for the earring! xxx

    ReplyDelete