Pages

Friday 2 October 2009

First entry for October comes from...........

.............our Trivia quiz winner from September

Mandy Snow - Love where I Live


Hey shazza...not what i planned on doing, but here it is....
Starry Night painting was all about Vincent Van Goghs fear and obsession with death. I wanted to turn this around and i tried to make my page colourful and happy, about a happy subject...I live in the middle of suburbai, and sometimes grumble and wish I live on an acreage, but it's mornings like this that make me love where I live.
I used small strips of paper to try and represent the paintstrokes of Vincent, with the tree and the houses and "hills" all in similar positions as they are on starry night....

Mandy, you have put a lot of work into this layout, so much to look at, I especially like your morning sunrise pic behind the tree, from your paper brush strokes to your little doodled houses.... Fantastic !! - Shazza

9 comments:

  1. wowsers...you sure have put a lot of work into this layout...awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow mandy, this is awesome, love the houses, love the pic, love it all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Mandy, and so quick off the mark !
    Loving the effect of the paper strips !

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such an awesome LO Mandy! i could spend hours looking at all the little details you have put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome LO mandy loved the tree

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks girls...this painting is my all time fav...appreciate the lovely comments...cheers...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job of turning it around its a bright, happy and colourful layout. Fab take on the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how your LO has a stained glass feel to it. What a beautifully creative effort Mandy. Just tops!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This layout is so clever! The paper brushstrokes are so striking... the whole layout is brilliant! xxx

    ReplyDelete