Pages

Tuesday 4 August 2009

Another DT contribution to hang in the gallery, this time from....

Tash Allen - Features


This is what Tash had to say.......What inspired me most about the Warhol painting was the bright colours with the hint of black, and the grid formation, which I replicated with paint and soft brush strokes around the photo. I also could not go past this photo of my son Isaac at 10 months old... I had this printed for a while and never quite knew what to do with it. It was one of those photos that captured his features so well but was totally over-exposed. I decided to play around with it a bit in Photoshop rather than delete it and see what results I could get.... and this was it! Totally Andy Warhol! I also added a bit of black pen doodling around the butterfly in the felt as a subtle link back to the painting. Thanks for looking :)

and a few close ups of the detail........



and


I just love it, you have put a lot of work into this, and its turned out fabulous. The other DT members will love it too!! Cheers Shazza


3 comments:

  1. very very very cool layout....awesome job Tash.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing... love the bright colours and the way you used the felt! xxx

    ReplyDelete